Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Checkin and Status from East Bay

As I approach three months in the East Bay area of San Francisco, some updates:


  • My last CT scans show no visible sign of cancerous cells in my torso although digital exam still indicates a mass or tumor in the upper right quadrant of the gland.  CT doesn’t penetrate the prostate gland adequately and only MRI and, more so, biopsy will show PC in the gland..
  • My new oncologist reminds me there “is no cure” for what I have.
  • I take high CBD oil with a similar amount of THC twice to three times daily under my tongue.  It’s delivered legally to my door by a very nice delivery guy.  The cost is a fraction of what I paid a year ago to get it shipped to Austin.
  • My PSA has jumped to over 3 ng/ml, up by almost a point. Indicative of a gland/tumor swelling
  • Neuropathy has eased but my feet and hands still ache 24/7 and legs and arms to a lesser extent.  Now is my time to focus on healing this damage so I’m reevaluating diet and I get daily exercise and sun.


In summary, the move to the Bay Area has been great in terms of accessing CBD/THC oil without fearing legal consequences.  The temperatures here (most days) allow me to get out and do something every day.  Cancer is still present in my body but relatively stable.


But today, right now, I am better than I’ve been at any time since diagnosis and treatment.  

And for this, I am grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Great write-up, I am a big believer in commenting on blogs to inform the blog writers know that they’ve added something worthwhile to the world wide web!.. click link

    ReplyDelete