Sunday, November 25, 2018

I'm Sorry I Don't Remember. No, I'm Really Sorry

I had an encounter with one of the people I've worked 4 or 5 catering jobs with in the last year.  I recognized a familiar face and we said hi and I said, "I apologize but I don't recall your name." The person said, in a bit of a huff, "Well dang Scott, I always remember your name and we've worked together so much."

So I had to explain.

There is this side effect of the chemo drug, docetaxel, (one of many) that is called chemo brain. Not something I ever wanted but I deal with it daily. I forget names, I forget chores, I forget what we talked about, I can't multitask like I used to. I struggle to even make a list of things I need to do.

It's no fun and I hate it.  But there's not much I can do about it.

So please, if you know someone who is having or has had chemo, cut 'em a little slack.  They're trying.  They really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment