Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Updates - Implants - Radiation and such......

I met with the favorite radiation oncologist today and we set a tentative date for Thursday the 24th for implantation of the spacer device, assuming that works well with the roommate that has to take me to and from because they do not trust me to come out of anesthesia and take myself home. They underestimate me.

Regardless, if all goes as planned, I will have the space implant, implanted on Thursday the 24th and then within two weeks will start radiation. The implant guy thinks I should do 40 sessions of lower radiation, the non-implant guy who’s got 24 years experience but has only done 14 sessions of the higher dose thinks I should do just the five sessions.

And I simply don’t know yet what the right answer is. Each has their pros and cons. I mean after all you’re talking about putting atomic bomb size blast of radiation into a specific organ or two or three into your body.

I mean is there even a right answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment