Monday, January 10, 2022

Perspective

This is what my oncologist told me as far as longevity in July 2014.

More to come in a later post about my Come to Jesus meeting with my oncologist yesterday.  But he did provide some eye opening stats on Median Life Expectancy for men with Stage IV, metastasized (to a major organ i.e. lungs), aggressive, Gleason 8 prostate cancer.  They are as follows:

No Treatment – 12-18 months

Hormone
Therapy only – 32 months

 
HT and chemo – 49 months

 

This is why I’ve agreed to chemotherapy starting July 28, 2014.


 I'd say I beat the odds rather well.

5 comments:

  1. You sure did. What they didn’t include as part of any treatment plan option was you Scott.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they did at the beginning, I just couldn't do more than eight months of the hormone deprivation and one, six round-trip on the chemotherapy train

      Delete