Sunday, March 31, 2019

13 days out… Lingering Fatigue, Hurts When I Pee and Cancer is Impacting Those I Love

I’m now almost  two weeks out from the last session and I must say that the fatigue is serious. I did manage to get out and go for quite a walk todayAnd get some sunshine. I have been pretty exhausted since I got home. But my experience with exhaustion and fatigue issues just have to keep at it as best you can.

Urinary discomfort is manageable with the two medications. It’s not perfect by any means but it’s  manageable and no longer something  I have to grab my teeth over. During my research seems that most side effects, be they sexual, urinary or bowel,  seem to peek at plus or -3 months and then return to baseline.  So I may have a bit more discomfort to deal with. I am having absolutely zero continence issues for which I’m very grateful and sexual function seems as normal as it had been prior. to the radiation, but sexual side effects tend to show up a few years down the road.

What’s really been difficult for me this last week is not I have a cancer and been fighting it for five years and made RadOnc part of the mix.......no what’s  really been difficult for me has been that I lost a dear friend to pancreatic cancer and another dear friend has been diagnosed  with breast cancer. Unsure as to status just yet.

Yes, I get really tired of that shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment