Thursday, March 7, 2019

The Day After SBRT #1



As mentioned, last night I flat out hurt.  I finally got to sleep about 3am and did manage to sleep until about 9.  The pain was replaced with more of a discomfort in the pelvis.  My testicles still ached but not as much and I noticed a very mild discomfort during urination. No rectal discomfort at this point.

One of the things the on call guy said last night was that the radiation typically causes the prostate to initially swell.  Marvelous!  Like I had so much room to spare anyway! Ha! Ain't no room at the inn folks.

 More importantly, I don't recall that particular issue being discussed nor do I recall reading about it in studies.  Everything is written in terms of "GU Toxicity Grading  1 to 4" so it's more of a "do you have to get up at night more than x times a night" grading system.  So I'm curious about this swelling.....how long? How big?  How bad?  Details please. I can deal with what I expect (at least I think I can), but I have trouble with medical surprises.

I'm back to painful tonight.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting a lower gut punch and a dodgeball to the groin feeling quite that quickly.

This too shall pass.

In a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment